|This article is currently under development. You can help by expanding it.|
|Notice: This page contains spoilers for the game INSIDE. Proceed with caution.|
Long-Haired Creatures (nicknamed "Sirens" or "Mermaids" ) are the final enemy encountered in the game. They are found in certain underwater areas of the game. They have been given many different names by different players and have no actual canon name.
These creatures appear to have abnormally long, black hair. The creatures wear no clothing, exposing their dull-gray skin tone. They also seem to be the same height as The Protagonist.
While the player used the submarine in the game, it was apparent the long-haired creatures are irritated by bright light. The creatures will retreat and keep distance when a bright light is shone on them and will only move when the light is away. When the creature catches the submarine, it will break the glass window and drown the player.
The creatures only chase the player under water. When underwater, the creatures will swim toward the player at an alarming speed. If the creature catches the player, they will be pulled underwater and forcefully drowned.
Final Encounter Edit
At one point in the game, The Protagonist falls into the water and gets forcefully drowned by one of the Long-Haired Creatures. At this part the creature is completely unavoidable.
After the protagonist stops struggling and is undeniably dead, then the player sees the creature giving the protagonist air by mouth to mouth resuscitation and attaches a plug-like device (similar to the ones attached to The Huddle) to the protagonist. In a few minutes, the boy is seemingly revived with the ability to breathe underwater and mind-control without a helmet.
The creature is never encountered again after this part in the game.
- In-game texture files refer to the Long-Haired Creature as "girl."
- Some players describe the Long Haired Creature as a "mermaid."
- It's possible that they were once experiments that successfully escaped.
- One of them for some reason helped the Boy to be able to breathe underwater. It's possible that it was under The Huddle's control so the Boy can rescue it.
- When the Boy was drowning, the creature gave him mouth to mouth. This may be a reference to the idea that if a mermaid kisses someone, they may grant them the ability to breathe underwater too.