|This article is currently under development. You can help by expanding it.|
|Notice: This page contains spoilers for the game INSIDE. Proceed with caution.|
Long-Haired Creatures (nicknamed "Sirens" or "Mermaids" ) are the final enemy encountered in the game. They are found in certain underwater areas of the game. They have been given many different names by different players and have no actual canon name.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
These creatures appear to have abnormally long, black hair. The creatures wear no clothing, exposing their dull-gray skin tone. They appears to be faceless, just like the protagonist and other characters. They also seem to be the same height as The Protagonist.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
While the player used the submarine in the game, it was apparent the long-haired creatures are irritated by the bright light. The creatures will retreat and keep their distance when a bright light is shone onto them and will only move when the light is away. When the creature catches the submarine, it will immediately break the glass window and drown the player.
The creatures only chase the player under water. When underwater, the creatures will swim toward the player at an alarming speed. If the creature catches the player, they will be pulled underwater and forcefully drowned.
Final Encounter[edit | edit source]
At one point in the game, The Protagonist falls into the water and gets forcefully pulled and drowned by one of the Long-Haired Creatures. This however, is supposed to happen. During this encounter, the creature is completely unavoidable.
After the protagonist stops struggling and is undeniably dead, the player will see the creature giving the protagonist air via mouth to mouth resuscitation and attaches a glowing plug-like device (similar to the ones attached to The Huddle) to the protagonist's chest. In a few minutes, the boy is seemingly revived with the ability to breathe underwater and mind-controled without a helmet.
The creature is never encountered again after this part in the game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In-game texture files refers the Long-Haired Creature as "girl."
- Some players describe the Long Haired Creature as a "mermaid" due to their long hair and ability to breathe underwater.
- It's possible that they were once experiments that successfully escaped.
- One of them for some reason helped the Boy to be able to breathe underwater. It's possible that it was under The Huddle's control so the Boy could rescue it.
- When the Boy was drowning, the creature gave him mouth to mouth. This may be a reference to the idea that if a mermaid kisses someone, they may grant them the ability to breathe underwater too.
- At any given moment, there is never more than one Long-Haired Creature on screen. This brings into question whether there was only ever one Long-Haired-Creature throughout the entire game or there were many of them.
- The Long-Haired Creature resembles a popular trope from Japanese-horror movies (such as Ju-on: The Grudge, The Ring, Dark Water, etc) possessing long black hair, pale skin, in white clothing.